Using VHF & VHF/DSC Marine Radio
Know how to use your VHF marine radio. You’ll need it in an emergency and for important ship-to-ship communications.
Experienced instructors teach you how to use VHF radio like a pro, including the digital selective calling (DSC) rescue feature. You'll also get tips on purchasing and installing VHF to get the most out of your investment. A handy waterproof McGraw-Hill Captain's QuickGuide Using VHF is optionally available with essential information that you should have aboard. This QuickGuide explains to anyone on your crew how to use the radio, a real benefit if you’re unable to help in an emergency.
- How VHF radios work and their controls
- Using the correct channels
- Using correct procedures and terminology
- Advanced methods of communication
- How digital selective calling (DSC) equipped radios work and their controls
- Practice DSC calls using the included DSC simulator on CD
This seminar is also available online here.