Cruising and Cruise Planning
Ever dream of cruising to exotic destinations, chartering in foreign waters, or gunk holing in quiet backwaters? Learn what you need to confidently plan your boat trip and go cruising. Gain the self-reliance and practical skills needed to explore ports and coves for a weekend or weeks at a time. Take Cruising and Cruise Planning and join your fellow boaters for raft-ups and rendezvous up the river, down the bay, and along the coast.
- Cruise preparation and planning
- Cruising boats and equipment
- Engines and electrical systems
- Safety gear and equipment
- Crew selection, training, and comfort
- Provisioning and meal planning
- Anchoring and mooring
- Weather information sources and uses
- Storm watches, warnings, and advisories
- Cruising outside the United States
For the best in boating education, you can take this course either online at your own pace or with qualified experienced instructors in a classroom environment (virtual or physical).