Know how to use your VHF marine radio. You’ll need it in an emergency and for important ship-to-ship communications.
Marine radios provide boaters the best and most reliable communication on the water. Marine radios have many advantages over cell phones, especially in an emergency. Learn about the digital selective calling (DSC) rescue feature as well as everyday uses such as to secure a marina slip, call for bridge openings and much more. You'll also get tips on purchasing and installing VHF to get the most out of your investment.
- How VHF radios work and their controls
- Using the correct channels
- Using correct procedures and terminology
- Advanced methods of communication
- How digital selective calling (DSC) equipped radios work and their controls
For the best in boating education, you can take this course either online at your own pace or with qualified experienced instructors in a classroom environment (virtual or physical).