Marine Electrical Systems
Overwhelmed by all those functions on your GPS or chart plotter? Want to use your tablet or smartphone to help you navigate on your boat? Interested in using a desktop computer program to plan your cruise and then copy that information to your GPS? This course covers the topics you need and want to know.
- Boat electrical wiring practices
- Direct current (DC) power
- Alternating current (AC) power
- Glavanic and stray current corrosion
- Lightning protection
- How to use a multimeter
- How to solder and crimp
- How to read electrical wiring diagrams
This course is usually completed in nine two-hour sessions, followed by an exam.